Accessing internal services on paranoidpenguin.net using self-signed certificates does no longer work in my preferred browser due to HSTS preloading. Instead of actually fixing the issue (or wait for Let’s Encrypt to roll out wildcard certificates), I decided to be clever and work around the restriction by installing a more “forgiving” web browser.
I recently re-learned that moving code from one Linux distribution to another doesn’t always pan out as expected. Especially when that second distribution is Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
With the latest Red Hat release I experienced an issue with increasing the screen resolution above 1027×768. After checking out the VirtualBox forums, I found my answer and a solution to the issue.